Excellence in Construction Competition
Associated Builders and Contractors of Indiana/Kentucky seek to recognize the outstanding projects built by our members. Such recognition builds greater awareness in our local communities of the quality of work produced by Merit Shop contractors and their employees. Furthermore, the Excellence in Construction competition represents the quality of the companies in ABC.
The awards given are:
- Award of Excellence in Construction | Online Application | PDF Download
- This Award honors the skill and creativity of the entire team- contractor, owner, architect, and engineer- responsible for an outstanding project. The award recipients excel in innovation, quality, communication, and safety.
- James W. Rabold Award of Safety Excellence | Online Application | PDF Download
- This Award honors the exemplary safety professionals employed by ABC members. This award is given to a representative from each council who embodies the safety principles valued by ABC and to those who take the extra step to ensure all craft professionals return home safely each night.
- Douglas Trolson Image Award: Model Member | Online Application | PDF Download
- This Award is given to an outstanding ABC member for their involvement and support of ABC, for their commitment to the merit shop, and for their involvement in the industry as a whole.
- Douglas Trolson Image Award: Member Participation Award
- This Award is given to the Award of Excellence recipient who used the most ABC member companies to complete their winning project.
Timeline of Events:
Project Completion date must be between is: June 1st 2016- May 31st 2017
- April 3, 2017: Applications available online
- June 30, 2017: Deadline to submit applications
- July 12, 2017: Judges Panel reviews projects
- July 31, 2017: Winners notified
- September 28, 2017: Winners recognized at the Merit Shop Construction Awards Gala