STEP – MERIT BASED SAFETY RECOGNITION FOR THE MERIT SHOP!
Build Safer! The Numbers Prove It!
Members of Associated Builders and Contractors of Indiana / Kentucky that receive award status in the Safety Training and Evaluation Process (STEP) program are among the safest construction companies in the nation. Make STEP part of your company’s strategy to improve safety and productivity. Enroll TODAY!
Founded in 1989 as a safety benchmarking and improvement tool, STEP has evolved into a world-class safety management system that dramatically improves safety performance among participants regardless of company size or type of work. Participating ABC member firms measure their safety processes and policies on 24 key components through a detailed questionnaire with the goal of implementing or enhancing safety programs that reduce jobsite incidents.
SAFETY IS PRIORITY – WITH STEP, YOU CAN IMPROVE IT
- Organized approach for analyzing and developing safety and loss prevention programs
- The Key Component system forms a 20 point guide to starting, updating or auditing a company-wide safety program
- Incorporates both OSHA required safety data with self-assessment requirements to give a full, wide ranging report on the entire nature of a company’s Safety Program
- Designed to benefit both large and small contractors alike
- Recognition for ABC members at both National and Chapter level
- Partnership between IDOL and ABC STEP Platinum and Diamond achievers
2020 PROGRAM DETAILS
The 2020 application is going to look different to those who have participated in the past, will be organized differently, and there is the new shift and focus of the application as a safety management system rather than a benchmarking tool. The Key Components (with one new one this year) have been updated as they are every year and have been reorganized into categories based on leadership commitment, culture, process, and results. The four categories are the pillars of the key components and the safety management system. The 2020 STEP Indiana/Kentucky deadline is Friday, July 31.