STEP – MERIT BASED SAFETY RECOGNITION FOR THE MERIT SHOP!
Build Safer! The Numbers Prove It!
Members of Associated Builders and Contractors of Indiana / Kentucky that receive award status in the Safety Training and Evaluation Process (STEP) program are among the safest construction companies in the nation. Make STEP part of your company’s strategy to improve safety and productivity. Enroll TODAY!
Founded in 1989 as a safety benchmarking and improvement tool, STEP has evolved into a world-class safety management system that dramatically improves safety performance among participants regardless of company size or type of work. Participating ABC member firms measure their safety processes and policies on 24 key components through a detailed questionnaire with the goal of implementing or enhancing safety programs that reduce jobsite incidents.
SAFETY IS PRIORITY – WITH STEP, YOU CAN IMPROVE IT
- Organized approach for analyzing and developing safety and loss prevention programs
- The Key Component system forms a 20 point guide to starting, updating or auditing a company-wide safety program
- Incorporates both OSHA required safety data with self-assessment requirements to give a full, wide ranging report on the entire nature of a company’s Safety Program
- Designed to benefit both large and small contractors alike
- Recognition for ABC members at both National and Chapter level
- Partnership between IDOL and ABC STEP Platinum and Diamond achievers