Excellence in Construction Competition
Associated Builders and Contractors of Indiana/Kentucky seek to recognize the outstanding projects built by our members. Such recognition builds greater awareness in our local communities of the quality of work produced by Merit Shop contractors and their employees. Furthermore, the Excellence in Construction competition represents the quality of the companies in ABC.
The awards given are:
- Award of Excellence in Construction
- This Award honors the skill and creativity of the entire team- contractor, owner, architect, and engineer- responsible for an outstanding project. The award recipients excel in innovation, quality, communication, and safety.
- James W. Rabold Award of Safety Excellence
- This Award honors the exemplary safety professionals employed by ABC members. This award is given to a representative from each council who embodies the safety principles valued by ABC and to those who take the extra step to ensure all craft professionals return home safely each night.
- Douglas Trolson Image Award: Model Member
- This Award is given to an outstanding ABC member for their involvement and support of ABC, for their commitment to the merit shop, and for their involvement in the industry as a whole.
- Douglas Trolson Image Award: Member Participation Award
- This Award is given to the Award of Excellence recipient who used the most ABC member companies to complete their winning project.
National EIC Deadlines
- Summer 2022 – Launch date
- October 15, 2022 – Date projects must be completed by
- October 28, 2022 – Deadline to register projects
- November 18, 2022 – Deadline for completed submissions:
- Late December 2022 – Winners announced
- March 16, 2023 – ABC National EIC Awards Gala