ABC’s Chapter Attorney, Drewry Simmons & Vornehm, LLP, will be presenting a webinar tomorrow at 1:00 p.m. EST via Zoom on:
Covid-19 and the FFCRA: Employment Law Impacts for Contractors
One of the biggest challenges for employers during this pandemic is understanding how new legislation like the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (“FFFCA”) and the Governor’s Executive Orders will affect the workplace. Employers are faced with difficult decisions in how to manage in this new environment while promoting the health and safety of their employees. How do the new rules and norms impact the prior standards? This seminar will provide a breakdown and explanation of new legislation and the implications of recent Executive Orders, and provide recommendations and insight on best practices and how to navigate the various employment issues that stem from COVID-19.
Key Topics will include:
- Overview of Legal Issues and Impacts on Businesses
- Work From Home (WFH) Considerations
- Ongoing In-Person Operations
- Indiana EO 20-08 and EO 20-18 “Directive for Hoosiers to Stay at Home” and “Continued Directive”
- Federal FFCRA- Emergency Paid Sick Leave
- Federal FFCRA-Emergency extension of FMLA
- Unemployment Claims/WARN
- Pay Issues
- Special Considerations under Discrimination Statutes
Presenters: Melanie Dunajeski, Partner & Christopher Drewry, Partner, Drewry Simmons & Vornehm, LLP
Don’t miss out on this very informative presentation. Click HERE to register!
Thank you, and stay safe!